Co-Creating Beloved Community
10:30 am Sunday Services From the Sanctuary
We look forward to being with you virtually and in spirit on Sunday mornings. We had hoped to safely reopen our sanctuary to all, and we will when it is safer. Meanwhile, our worship leaders bring us sermons and stories, meditation, and music weekly. Sunday worship spiritually fortifies us to support others in uncertain times. You'll find us streaming LIVE at 10:30 am on Facebook and YouTube; or explore past services, available 24/7, on our Sermons page.
To join in the chat on social media you will need to log into your personal social media account, but anyone may view the services, any time, without logging in. We encourage you to light a chalice or candle at home, mediate, and sing along.
Though there is currently no online programming available for children, UU Santa Monica adult groups continue to offer activities online. Check out the Events page and News feed for opportunities to study or socialize on Zoom. But your best opportunity to find out more to drop in at the Visitor Meetup on Sundays after services. Request the Zoom link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
- A warm and considerate greeting.
- Honor and respect for a diversity of identities and views.
- Inspiring music as we gather and worship.
- Lighting the chalice creates space for transformation, healing, and inspiration. It is an invocation.
- A values-based story suited to children of all ages.
- Thought-provoking readings and time for silent reflection or prayer.
- A relevant sermon of deep. understanding, including a message of radical love and inclusivity.
- Zoom coffee hour: a time to make new friends after the service.
Join the Visitor Meetup.
What do Unitarian Universalists believe? How are children raised “in the faith”? Which group engages in direct action for the environment? Of course you’ve still got questions.
First time and frequent visitors gather on Zoom after the service at noon to learn more about UUs and our church community. Find opportunities for reflection, growth, and connection, as well as opportunities to work for equity and serve our community and the world.